Friday, March 5, 2010

Nutella

Nutella has nothing to do with this post, really. I just so happen to be eating it now, that's all.
Really, this post is dedicated to a bunch of random, non blog-worthy things that I feel like blogging about. Like nutella. How awesome is nutella??

I got a haircut.
Not really a big deal, except that I got it in Europe. That makes it cooler in my mind.
It was the fanciest hair cut ever.
- They took my coat off of me when I walked in, and put it back on me when I walked out. I felt so imporant! :)
- They offered me a drink, and were really surprised that it wasn't a custom in the US to do so.
- The lady insisted on blowing my hair out. I told her that wasn't necessary, and explained that with my curls, a blow dry alone would mean disaster, and she told me I didn't know what I was talking about.
- I didn't know what I was talking about.
- At this point, I've proabably had around 75 hair cuts in my life, and this one takes the cake. I want to take the English hairdressers home with me.
- Needless to say, I found Beyonce on my ipod and practically strutted the whole way home.

Got a new flatmate, Renu, who speaks Hindi and very little English, much like my Chinese flatmate, Todd. We have a hard time not laughing every time we converse :) I also have no idea what half the stuff in my fridge is. I LOVE being an exchange student.

I spent a good fifteen minutes picking out a toothbrush the other day.

I am making arrangements with my friends for our week in Italy over Spring Break. It's been harder than we anticipated; lots of places won't accept our American credit cards, which came as a shock to us. However, we're all getting really excited. Spring break is only a short three weeks away! I'm sure we'll figure it all out :) I'm also pumped for my week at home. Can't wait to see everyone.

I am starting to really love the city of Leeds- I feel like it's my city, honestly. A little intimidated at first, I am now past the point of being scared, and am really soaking in all it has to offer. I even gave someone directions the other day- can you believe that??

ps- I am going to be an Aunt any day now! Can't wait to meet the little one.

2 comments:

  1. nutella is the bomb.

    ...and direction-giving calls for *snaps*

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of haircuts...
    I can't decide how to wear my hair when I visit!!

    ReplyDelete