Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home




























































































I couldn't have been more thrilled to see the beaming faces of Mom, Dad and Allison when I got off the plane from Rome. I'd missed them! I love living in the UK. I love an adventure. But dude. There is no feeling like the one you get from returning home. I adore the Ackermanns. End of story.


























That's not the end of the story though :)


























I came home to find some things changed. It was sorrowing to hear the news of Mom mom's cancer spreading, but I was excited to hear that my grandparents were now living with us on Taney Court. I spent a lot of quality time with them over break, and it was just lovely. Being roomies with those two was so fun. I love them to pieces, and can't wait to see them again in Summer.


























My plane landed at 2pm US time, and 9pm Rome time, so by 8, I was ready for bed. My mom, however, told me that Adrienne's bus would arrive in DC that night at 11. Not going to lie, I wasn't too keen to go and pick her up, as I was super tired, but mom pretty much insisted. So I dragged myself into the van, so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open. We pulled up to the station and saw the bus pull in. Dad asked if I was going to get out and greet her. I mumbled something about how I couldn't get up I was so tired; Adrienne would understand. That said, I was shocked when the van door opened and there stood Paul. Ha, even writing about it now brings a huge smile to my face. I couldn't get into his arms faster. That was one heck of a second wind :)


























The time I spent at home was a dream. Blue skies, sandy beaches, and everyone I love. Meeting Jolie was great. What a cool kid. Leaving to come back to Leeds was good as well. It was a little sad saying goodbye to my parents, and definitely hard saying goodbye to Paul, but it's a good feeling to leave somewhere you love being, to return to somewhere else you love being. I am one lucky girl, I'll tell you that :)


























The next few weeks are going to be a little tough. I've got LOADS of school work to complete, although I really can't complain. The past few weeks have been a-mazing. Easily two of the best weeks of my life :)


























Love to you all!





















































































































3 comments:

  1. this whole post just makes my heart happy. i'm smiling in all the places where you smile. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your life is nuts: Italy here, handsome foreign visitors there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! It was so fun to see you over Easter, Bee!!

    ReplyDelete