Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Volcano Eyjafjallajokull

Really. It's like they ran out of names, so someone just pounded a keyboard and called it a day.

My first week back in Leeds has been pretty good. It was great reuniting with friends here, and hearing stories of everyone's Spring Break adventures.

I certainly made it back into the UK just in time. I've heard of flights being cancelled for snow or storms, but volcanic ash? Didn't see that coming. I honeslty haven't seen the sky this empty since 9/11. I feel lucky that I'm not being directly affected; I know of a few people who are stuck in countries they were visiting over Spring Break, and are missing exams and such- what a mess. My friend Danielle is actually putting up three girls she knows from home who are stuck in Italy at the moment, but are slowly making their way back to Ireland, where they're studying. I also have a few friends in London who were meant to fly home last week, and are just chilling out til things clear up.

As far as Leeds goes, we've had mostly clear skies. The produce isle at Morrisons is a little lacking, but what can you do.

Heather and Sara are due to fly over here on May 24th. I assume planes will be flying in and out of the UK by then... :/

In other news, there is none.
I feel like I've been at my desk all week writing these papers. Finding the motivation has been super hard. Uni (college) in the England is super lax. Until this week, I'd done one group project and that's about it, which means I really can't complain now, ay? For real though, it's like my body can't remember how to do school work. Wondering if this will effect me when I return to Towson for Fall. Yikes.

Hope to have a been a few places other than my desk by my next post ;) Til then!

Abby

3 comments:

  1. That volcano name is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i love your theory on how they named that volcano, makes sense to me! ;) And your body not remembering to do school work sounds like you're doing the exchange thing right still, gives you more time to have fun/see the sights anyways so that's legit!

    ReplyDelete