Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring Time in England??

I've spent the last week in a coat. It's been a whopping 45 degrees here. UGH.

When I first arrived in England, some randomer on the bus was telling me that England is the only place he goes where he finds himself talking about the weather. He said he thought that in general, talking about the weather was pretty lame, and I agreed. However, the weather is so all over the place here, I find myself bringing it up all the time. You wake up and it's sunny, then clouds come, rain falls, turns to hail, the clouds part, the sun sneaks back out, sets, and the wind picks up. You find yourself wishing you had gloves and a scarf (why did I not bring a scarf?), then remind yourself that it's May. Wtf, Leeds.

Despite the weather, England is perfect. Perfect. I'm not ready to leave. Yes, part of me is pumped to see my Americans again, to eat a Chipotle burrito, walk the boardwalk, and honestly, get back to waitressing, believe it or not. However, I feel like I've only just completely adjusted to life here, (though I still have a mini heart attack when I see a little kid riding in what is the USA's drivers seat... can't get used to it, ay) and I'm not ready to say goodbye. Knowing I may never see some of my friends from exchange ever again sucks. On the other hand, knowing that if I find myself in Germany one day, I'll have somewhere to crash is pretty sweet :)

Truth be told, I'm just bummed that when I come home, people won't think my accent is cool.
Hahaha :) But seriously.

I literally just finished my third paper about 40 minutes ago, which means one more exam, and I'm done with my Junior year of uni. How crazy is that.

Heather and Sara arrive in about two weeks- can't wait. I'm looking forward to playing host, and showing off some of my new cooking skills!! :D It will be really fun to share some of this experience with people from back home.

Adrienne just got her acceptance letter from a program in Saville, Spain, and will be studying abroad for the entire school year, starting this upcoming September. I'm so proud of her- that girl is so cut out for study abroad, I know she'll have the time of her life. It will be strange to be back in the States while she's here, as I'm used to the opposite. Maybe one day we'll travel some of Europe together :)

Hope you're all enjoying the Summer weather back home! Give the sun my love... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment