Monday, February 8, 2010

Moldy beans? Cool beans.

Got a package from my parents with my new glassess (I can see clearly now, the rain is...well...), vitamins from mom (I may have "forgotten" them), and outlet adapters. I have been using one plug since I got here, so I was really excited to see them. Now I can blow-dry and listen to music at the same time! Score.

There is a pot of baked beans in my kitchen at the moment. It's been there since Wednesday. I'm over stressing about how filthy my enviroment is, and am decidedly amused. It's like a science experiment; that's how I'm choosing to look at it. Really. Who doesn't LOVE moldy science growing in their kitchen. One thing I'm am learning here- you can't sweat the small stuff. Rain+ my curls = a bad hair day. So what if this is my bad hair semester? I'm over it. Rainy or moldy, this is Europe. And I'm lucky to be here :)

I am taking a Human Resources Management course here that's been interesting. My dad worked HR, so it's kinda cool learning what he did for a living. ps- Weird talking about my dads job in past tense, eh. (ps- He and my mom are still on their road trip. Guess who's still with them? None other than my trusty honda. What a tropper.)

Monday nights my friends and I have "family night", which is us all crammed into one kitchen, BYO dinner style. Tonight I taught them Mafia- great game. It felt like home a little :)

ps- This just in- Sara Newman and Heather Wilkinson are coming in June and we are gonna hit up London and Paris. Life is SO SWEET :D

3 comments: