Monday, January 25, 2010

Hondas Never Die

I drive (drove? drive? We shall see) a 94 stick shift. It's a honda, and if you don't know this, I'll tell you now- Hondas never die. My honda was passed down to me on my 18th birthday. I am it's forth owner, and a proud one at that.

My mom and dad are taking a 30 day road trip across the US starting today. They asked me over Christmas break how I felt about them taking my car, and driving it until it died. It's on it's last leg anyways (though isn't that what we said on my 18th birthday? Hmm...) and it'd be nice to save money on a rent-a-car. Plus this way we'd avoid it dying on one of Adrienne's trips to New Jersey, or my trips to... Ruby's house. Or something.

It's day one of the cross country trip, and they say my car is running okay. The radiator fell off the last week of break, and now is apparently being held together with glue, but I like to think my car will make it. Either way, I thought I'd tell you about it now, so that when we head up to mall this Summer, you'll be just as amazed that I am still driving it as I am :)

In other news, it was a good day on this side of the pond today. It was my friend Noah's 21st birthday (the first birthday he's ever spent away from his twin brother, aww), and we had cake and pasta. I eat a LOT of pasta these days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're proud of the Honda, remember when you wanted to pound your fist into it when you kept stalling? We are enjoying its last drive, although changing CDs is a real pain in the kiester. love, Daddo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,

    My name is Kim (I'm Tom Janes' sister). Just thought I'd introduce myself since I'll be stopping by your blog from time to time--nothing like knowing your blog-stalkers! :)

    I think it's awesome that you're in England. I've only been once myself, and it was a rather short trip, but I also had a hard time understanding some of the accents. The people I ran into were so diverse (from Poland, Germany, etc.) and just when I started to understand one person, another from a different country would start talking and I would be lost in the sauce yet again. I did not understand the barman when he asked me if I wanted "smashed peas" with my fish and chips, and I finally just said "yes" to whatever he was asking. It was worth it--the smashed peas were pretty good.

    It looks like you're quite a ways north of London, but if you get the chance I'd highly recommend going to see The Tower. It was the best part of London for me.

    Hope you enjoy your fabulous adventure!

    Best,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete