Saturday, January 23, 2010

York (The Original!)


First, I'd like to say- I love this blog. It's a great place to unwind. An outlet, really. You should get one. I'll also take this moment to apologize for all spelling mistakes I have made and will make. Not my forte, spelling :/


Okay so onto the good stuff. I am proud, and slightly embarrassed to tell you (though mostly proud), that I did not cry today. Not one tear. Didn't even well up. Thank you, thank you very much. It's an epic day in my little adventure here, and I wanted to share. I think today was a turning point for me. Hoping, anyway :)


I'll tell you something else, England is beautiful. Went to York today (check out my facebook for pictures), and I'll give you the highlights:


1. I felt like Hogwarts was bound to appear just after every block. Seriously, I was just waiting to bump into Harry, Ron etc at any moment.


2. Saw a guy pee on the street today. Kinda surprised I'd never witnessed this before in NYC or Bmore, but yeah. There ya go.


3. Happened to stumble upon a chorus group in an old church rehearsing for Mozart's The Magic Flute. Beautiful stuff. Probably my favorite point in the day, actually.


4. Came out of cathedral and heard Billy Joel's Tiny Dancer coming from around the way. It was a street performer (loads of those in York) on piano. My dad tells me that's my song, and I always think of him when I hear it. I almost (almost! woo hoo, go me) teared up. Instead I just smiled and requested Piano Man next :)


I can't speak for my entire trip when I say I love being in England, but as for today- I love being in England :)


4 comments:

  1. Well, schmabs, you're doing what I hope to do, create a good blog. enjoyed reading about your trip to York, classic picture, tiny dancer. love you, Daddo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peeing on the street?? Ew. Remember when we saw that lady changing her shirt outside of Best Buy! Paha

    I bet that guy's Piano Man wasn't as good as mine ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you, Abby! Loved reading your blog! Looking forward to your adventure and to your parent's adventure as well! So fun! Enjoy your time there....I can help you make a book about it when you return! Yay! I love keeping memories!

    ReplyDelete